FiiO FF3

yoros
J'ai des jantes alu sur mon Ipod

Message par yoros »

Une première review positive des earbuds FiiO FF3 sur un site de jeux vidéos :)

"Don’t let the graph above worry you — these earbuds aren’t bass short, sharp, or shouty. I say that because the graph did worry me. That graph makes it look like the earbuds lack bass and could potentially be much too bright. In fact, the earbuds are very well balanced and have plenty of bass. They are bright overall, but not negatively so. With either the crisp foams or bare, the FF3 has a classic, audiophile-friendly tuning that balanced well-textured bass with great details in the mids and highs. With the balanced or bass foams, they become quite a bit warmed and lean into the low-end.

There’s also good bass extension, which isn’t at all what I see in that graph. You can hear noticeable rumble in the sub-bass frequencies even at moderate volumes. The bass is punchy and well-textured. It appears that the drum cravity is effective!

At the same time, there’s quite a bit of detail in the higher registers too. I especially liked this set for rock music. Vocals are forward and warm. Cymbals from the drums have realistic sparkle and decay. Snares snap. Guitars, on the other hand, move freely throughout the soundscape depending on the mix. This is an area that can work against it at times, as acoustic guitars exists in the area of its mid-range bumps and can sometimes sound too wide and uncontrolled. Most of the time this isn’t an issue, but when it jumps out — Rain City Drive’s I’d Rather See Your Star Explode — it’s left me reaching for the EQ.

What made them stand out more, however, was the soundstage. Compared to IEMs, the soundstage is much wide and more open, closer to open-back headphones than in-ears. This, I’m told, is common to earbuds and one of the reasons they still have a dedicated fanbase. Since the buds don’t fit into the ear canal, they’re able to leverage more of the outer ear to deliver a greater sense of space. The FF3s aren’t as wide as they best in-ears or over-ear headphones, but they’re excellent for the current price point. They also aren’t great at isolation either, so using them on a noisy commute will be more difficult than with a sealed off pair of IEMs.
"
DAP : Cayin N3 PRO - FiiO X1 II
DAC/AMP : Qudelix 5K

Ecouteurs boutons : FiiO FF5 - ToneKing Dendroaspis Viridis
Casque : AKG K371

Sédentaire: Tangent Ampster BT II (DAC AK4388) / Davis Acoustics Mia 20
Testés : Sivga SV021 Robin
Vendus : FiiO FH1s - FiiO KA3 - FiiO M9 - FiiO FF3- Aune M1S
Music : Musique ancienne - Baroque - Musique nouvelle - Field recording- Ambient / Drone / Trip Hop - Math Rock - Pop Rock 70's - Jazz, etc...
rudra
Tombeau-Blaster
Tombeau-Blaster

Message par rudra »

Rassurant, le retour d'expérience sur les basses vs. le graph.
ciem : Vision Ears VE8 & iFi Go Pod - Earsonics EM10 & Hulk Pro
iem : Alambic Ears Mentawai & Khanyayo Impi - final A8000 & Dunu Blanche - FiiO FH9 & Penon Obsidian - JVC HA-FW01 & CEMA MS - Sony XBA-Z5 & FiiO LC-RE
bt : final ZE8000 - Dunu DK-4001 & iFi Go Pod - FiiO FF5 & FiiO UTWS5
dap : iBasso DX312 EXN - QLS QA361 + ALO Continental v5 Raytheon 6832 - Dethonray DTR1 + RSA F-35
hp : final D8000 Pro - DCA Æon 2 Noire - Audeze LCD2 - AKG K242 Sextett MP - Sennheiser HD660S

partis ;_;
AK100II - Aune M2 - SE846 - TH600 - T70p - ALO Continental v3 - Harmony 8 - DT1770Pro - Amiron - QP1RS - Arrow 5TX - Rupert Neve RNHP - Gustard H10 Burson V6 Classic - Schiit Magni 3 - Cardas A8 30th - Jotunheim - MDR-EX1000 - SE5 Ref mod by Piotr - G109P - Loki mini - HD650 - QP1RG - FiiO X7 - ALO Rx Mk3-B+ - Vorzüge Duo II - Sony IER-Z1R - Cayin C9 - Lotoo LPG - FiiO M17
yoros

Message par yoros »

Deux avis sur head-fi.org :

"I'm really enjoying the FF3. Nice bass with good sub-bass rumble, as long as the music you're listening to has that kind of bass impact. Overall sonic balance is excellent. Bass that doesn't step all over (muddy) the mid-range or treble. Nice clean treble extension, not so bright that it is fatiguing on longer listening sessions. These buds perform well with either neutral or warm amps / DAPs and perform well with any music genre."

"Lower midrange sounds flat. The ear gain sounds very Harman (it can be shouty on some tracks, but generally correct in terms of tonality). It’s certainly not 15db ear gain like the graph, but there is a correct ear gain for sure.
Now the bass is unexpected. I expected something like ER2SE, because the graph shows flat midbass and significantly rolled off subbass. However, I hear punchy kick drum with some physical sensation in my throat, which only comes from IEMs with strong subbass. I have been jamming to some electronic music. FF3 is no E5000 in terms of bass for sure, but I am surprised at how competent it is.
Soundstage is wider and deeper than usual IEM. It’s kind of reminiscent to FD5 or E5000: upfront center image, but the rest spread out widely. I don’t hear any tuning trick to push the image back like Andromeda and U12t / Trio.
Resolution is surprisingly good. I hear resolving treble, though treble is not loud.
Again, coming from IEMs, I’m shocked by what I am hearing. I think I need more time to nitpick be critical.
"

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-ff ... ud.963809/

Music : Musique ancienne - Baroque - Musique nouvelle - Field recording- Ambient / Drone / Trip Hop - Math Rock - Pop Rock 70's - Jazz, etc...
yoros

Message par yoros »

Review sur Audiomonsta :)

Conclusion :
"The FiiO FF3 might seem average but once they have reached my hands, I am hooked with their impeccable build along with their superb design that is truly an eye candy. In my opinion, this might be the best looking earbuds I have ever seen and they are very well designed. Their innovative “drum” design is certainly not a gimmick as their bass response truly punches above their asking price with a sub-bass that is hard to find in an earbuds design. Their midrange has a sweet, alluring signature that is well suited for a wide range of genres that are simply indulging. Their high range might be a little recessed and lack energy for my taste but they are suited for those who are treble sensitive. Their soundstage size can be improved but for the asking price, that’s almost nitpicking. Overall, as a earbud lover, I do find the FF3 a great earbud that has a distinctly innovative design that possesses a great bass performance that made my toe taps. Great job as always FiiO! I would rate this product 4 out of 5 stars."

yoros

Message par yoros »

Info sur les FF3 :
Les earbuds sont livrés avec un câble fixe et deux jacks interchangeables en 3.5 et 4.4 BAL.
Je voulais utiliser la sortie 2.5 de mon FiiO M9.
J'ai contacté FiiO Support et ils m'ont proposé de m'envoyer un jack interchangeable 2.5 BAL contre les frais de port (10 euros). :)

Imlandris
100db + 100db = 200db
100db + 100db = 200db

Message par Imlandris »

Les EM5 et les FF3 semblent partager le même driver. Qu'est-ce qui justifie que les EM5 soient 3 fois plus chers, à part un câble en pur argent, la fourniture des 3 connecteurs interchangeables et une (plus) belle boîte ?
yoros

Message par yoros »

Imlandris a écrit : 05 août 2022 14:48 Les EM5 et les FF3 semblent partager le même driver. Qu'est-ce qui justifie que les EM5 soient 3 fois plus chers, à part un câble en pur argent, la fourniture des 3 connecteurs interchangeables et une (plus) belle boîte ?
Bonne question, d'autant que les EM5 font plus cheap, comme en plastique... :-.
Les FF5 à venir devraient être plus chers, peut-être comme les EM5, mais avec un câble détachable cette fois.

Imlandris
100db + 100db = 200db
100db + 100db = 200db

Message par Imlandris »

Les EM5 sont en plastique. J'en ai une paire que j'utilise régulièrement et dont je suis très content mais je suis un peu jaloux quand je vois les FF3 (même si j'ai acheté les EM5 d'occase à la moitié du prix neuf).
yoros

Message par yoros »

Un petit unboxing des FF3

yoros

Message par yoros »

yoros a écrit : 05 août 2022 10:34 Info sur les FF3 :
Les earbuds sont livrés avec un câble fixe et deux jacks interchangeables en 3.5 et 4.4 BAL.
Je voulais utiliser la sortie 2.5 de mon FiiO M9.
J'ai contacté FiiO Support et ils m'ont proposé de m'envoyer un jack interchangeable 2.5 BAL contre les frais de port (10 euros). :)
Le troisième jack interchangeable 2.5 envoyé par FiiO est arrivé aujourd'hui. :)

ttaazz
Ma femme ou Tellement Nomade?
Ma femme ou Tellement Nomade?

Message par ttaazz »

yoros a écrit : 10 août 2022 13:54 Un petit unboxing des FF3
Il a les ongles degueulasses le gars qui déballe les FF3 (N)
Actuel :

Dehors :
Smartphone + XB10 et divers écouteurs boutons ou Airpods
Dedans :
Smartphone ou tablette + iQube V5+ Q701
Ou AK120 + AKG 612 Pro

En attente :loool: : - Audio GD 10.33 ou AlgoRhythm Solo -dB/Cavalli Carbon V1
Baladeurs revendus : Plenue P1 / AK100 II / XDP-100R-300R / RWAK100-S / C4Pro / HM601 Slim / F887 / F886 / DX100-90-80-50 /
Shozy Alien / 812V2 / J3 / Xduoo X3 / Iaudio7 / Sansa Fuze RB / Sansa Clip Zip RB / Teclast X30
et tellement d'autres...
Intras/écouteurs revendus : RDB+mini / S-EM6 / UE 700 / Rock-It R50 / HF5 /
Fiio EX1 / Q-Jays 1gen/ Aurvana air
et tellement d'autres...
Amp/Dac revendus : Fostex HP-A4 / Schiit Vali/Modi et tellement d'autres...
Casque revendus : Fidelio X1 / T70p / HD-650-600 / HP50 / K612Pro / SR80 / Spirit One / ZMF X Vibro et tellement d'autres...
Soutenez Tellement Nomade ici :headphone:
yoros

Message par yoros »

ttaazz a écrit : 13 août 2022 12:25 Il a les ongles degueulasses le gars qui déballe les FF3 (N)
Une autre présentation avec review (@ttaazz les ongles sont assez propres ? 😉)

yoros

Message par yoros »

Une nouvelle review des FiiO FF3, qui ont un grand succès sur le fil Earbuds Round-Up.

Sa conclusion :

Call me impressed. The FF3 was a surprise to me in so many ways. They are just a blast to listen to. Of course if your into your neutral analytical tunings this might not be the case for you. But for folks that enjoy listening to speakers might actually like these more so than an IEM. Its sound presentation is very musical and highly enjoyable if not just out right fun to listen to. Its not the tightest of presentations but heck when was the last time you heard a live music event and it was tight? It mimics the live music experience with a big bold bass, a very broad and well imaged mids and a detailed treble end. The FF3 are the real deal.

It is difficult in all of headphone land to achieve the sound presentation of the FF3 at the cost level. FF3 is clearly tuned to be a crowd pleaser and I am just another guy enjoying them for what they are and can sound like. Throw them on a good amp and you will be smiling from ear to ear I am willing to bet on it. They suck for passive isolation but so does all ear buds so you can’t fault them for that. So more or less stationary listening. In that use case. These rock all over the place for sound. Very enjoyable, versatile with a sound experience that is not too common at the price to get one. Thanks for taking the time to read. Happy listening always.

cocolinho
TN m'a tuer
TN m'a tuer

Message par cocolinho »

Bon j'ai commandé une paire pour comparer à mes Willsound MK2 SE qui sont mes préférés depuis quelques années maintenant.
J'avais bien aimé les EM5 bien que pas non plus révolutionnaire mais le fit catastrophique m'a fait revendre cette paire
Commandés ce matin sur fiio eu et livraison demain en DHL express pour 0e (de l'allemagne)
Solido
Je me suis greffé des intras
Je me suis greffé des intras

Message par Solido »

Ah super on attends ton retour!
Il parait que c'est top pour le bureau.
Fusion & Ethnic Jazz | OST | Epic | Modern Classical | Ambient | Edm
Répondre

Revenir à « Fiio »